Your Gift Will Build a Home
Thank you for your support! Volunteers and donated materials help keep our costs low, but our homes still cost approximately $100,000 to build. We receive no funds from Habitat International - all our support must come from the local community.
Consider these items from our current home build budget:
- $10 pays for a sheet of drywall
- $30 buys a box of flooring
- $70 pays for a bundle of roof shingles or an interior door
- $500 pays for all exterior paint
- $1000 pays for the foundation concrete
You will receive a receipt and thank you from Palouse Habitat for your tax records.
Make a secure online donation today.
Donate by mail:
Please mail your check to:
PO Box 3054,
Moscow ID 83843.
Makes checks payable to Palouse Habitat for Humanity and note “local use” or “Home Build #16” on your check if you wish 100% of your donation to remain locally.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
Become a Cornerstone Donor:
Cornerstone program makes sure we have enough to start each partner home. Join other supporters around the Palouse with a commitment to annually donate to Palouse Habitat. Just mark your gift as Cornerstone and we know you will support us with an annual contribution. Contact us to find out more.
Churches, temples, mosques and coalitions of diverse faith groups partner put their faith in action by providing significant support to Habitat for Humanity’s local and global mission each year through the contribution of financial resources and volunteers.
- Sponsorship – Sponsor a roof, a room, or a whole house. A group of congregations can form a coalition by inviting other congregations, businesses and individuals to join them as sponsors.
- Fundraising – Take a special offering or hold a fundraising event and donate the proceeds to Habitat.
- Collect – Organize a Sunday school or congregational drive to collect family took kits, job site supplies or make and serve lunches for volunteers on the jobsite.
To learn more about how faith groups can get involved with Palouse Habitat please contact the office.
- Partnerships with businesses, corporations, congregations, and civic groups help Palouse Habitat build, renovate and repair homes throughout Whitman and Latah County.
- Corporate partnerships address the problem of poverty housing, provide a positive solution and offer a wealth of benefits, including tax deductions, public relations and a permanent positive effect on company morale.
- Businesses not only have the opportunity to support construction of a house, they also have the opportunity to provide volunteers to help build the homes. To find out how your group or company can participate or make an in-kind donation contact 208-883-8502 or Contact Us
Employer Workplace Giving:
Participate in your workplace giving campaign. Each year thousands of employees are given the opportunity direct a portion of their paycheck to the charities of their choice through workplace giving campaigns. You can help us serve more families in need of decent shelter by directing your workplace contribution to Palouse Habitat for Humanity. In this area the two biggest workplace are:
- State of Washington Combined Fund Drive - State employees including Washington State University employees candonate to Palouse Habitat for Humanity by selecting 1478426 for your donation or to log your volunteer hours with this charity. Please remember that there are multiple local Habitats in the CFD and Habitat for Humanity International; if you do not designate Palouse Habitat for Humanity and select 1478426 specifically, we will not receive your donation. More information can be found at the Washington State Combined Fund Drive website at https://www.cfd.wa.gov/
- State of Idaho University of Idaho – You can select Palouse Habitat for Humanity in the annual United Way workplace campaign at the University of Idaho. If your local United Way campaigns do not list Palouse Habitat for Humanity, you can often write us in as a designation on the pledge card along with our address: PO Box 3054, Moscow, ID. More information on the State of Idaho Employees’ Charitable Giving Campaign can be found at https://unitedwecare.idaho.gov/
Employer Matching Gifts:
Some employers will match tax-deductible charitable contributions made by their employees, retirees and employees’ spouses. Some provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours.
Palouse Habitat for Humanity brings hope to people for whom the dream of home ownership is just that—a dream. Your support will help our neighbors in need of decent shelter realize their dream. Contact your lawyer for more information.
Honorary and Memorial Gifts:
A gift in honor of a friend or loved one, or in memory of someone in your life who has passed away will help created a lasting legacy in their honor. Simply make your donation online or by mail with a note detailing your request. We will notify the family that you made your gift, and send a receipt to you for your records.
Habitat for Humanity Vehicle Donation:
Donate your car, motorcycle, truck, boat or RV (running or not) through Cars for Homes, the Habitat vehicle donation program. Palouse Habitat will receive the receive the net proceeds of your vehicle donation. It is quick and easy to donate. Call 1-877-277-HFHI (4344) toll free or visit http://www.carsforhomes.org Please be sure to designate Palouse Habitat for Humanity as the recipient.