Palouse Habitat Surplus Sale is seeking a Pick-up and Delivery Driver. Saturdays, 9-5:00 Pay $10 or DOE to join our amazing crew. Must provide excellent customer service, work well with team, and be able to lift heavy loads.
Interested? Contact Mike at the Palouse Habitat Surplus Sale 208-882-5246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.
Palouse Habitat Surplus Sale Pick-up/Delivery Driver
Reports to: Surplus Sale Manager and Assistant Manager
Description: This position is responsible for: 1) pick-up and delivery of merchandise from donors and to customers, safely packing the merchandise in the Surplus Sale truck and trailer, returning to Surplus Sale and unpacking merchandise in warehouse; 2) providing excellent customer and donor service as a representative of Palouse Habitat for Humanity; 3) driving the Surplus Sale box truck responsibly and safely.
Employee Status: Non-exempt, hourly; 8 hours per week, 9-5:00 on Saturdays, pay $10/hour or DOE
- Load and unload all donated materials
- Screen for product usability.
- Communicate with Surplus Sale Manager and Assistant Manager regarding incoming donations.
- Work with and occasionally supervise volunteers, making their experience meaningful.
- Drive PHFH vehicles to pick-up and deliver donated goods
- Maintain an effective working relationship with Surplus Sale staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and Surplus Sale customers.
- As needed answer telephone and provide Surplus Sale information, directions, meeting the caller’s needs.
- As needed help keep Surplus Sale receiving area neat and clean.
- Screen for product usability when donors call or bring in donations.
- Other duties as assigned by Surplus Sale Manager
Required Skills / Experience
- Must have a driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- Experience driving a 14’ box (delivery) truck and CDL preferred.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check.
- Strong teamwork, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail and priority on safety.
- Be comfortable working in a retail/warehouse environment.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to spend majority of the day standing or moving. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be willing to become familiar with Habitat for Humanity’s mission and purpose, to embrace the Surplus Sale’s role in Habitat’s work to build and repair home homes for local low income families, to understand the Christian foundation of this ministry.