The Palouse Habitat Surplus Sale is a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center that sells new and gently used items to the public at a fraction of the retail price. All proceeds are used by Palouse Habitat for Humanity to build and repair homes for low-income families in Latah and Whitman counties. Anyone is welcome to volunteer, donate, and shop at the store. To schedule a pick-up of your donation, call 208-882-5246 or fill out this online form.
Check out our weekly features on Facebook.
Check our our daily deals on our Buy and Sell Group.
We receive donations daily, so you never know what you may find. Typically the Surplus Sale is well stocked with affordable options for lumber, plumbing, electrical, light fixtures, appliances, furniture, antiques and more.
Contact us to find out about specific items.
Surplus Sale Buy and Sell Group
Home improvement for less on the Palouse! Our Surplus Sale Buy & Sell Group features select items from the Palouse Habitat Surplus Sale.
Our Buy and Sell Group aims to showcase some of the amazing DEALS we have in stock. Donations come in every day, so stock changes rapidly. Items are available for pick-up whenever the store is open; there is no shipping option.
Be sure to follow Palouse Habitat on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see more of our interesting items for sale, and for updates on our home build and repair projects.
All funds raised from the sale of your donation help build and repair homes for those in need on the Palouse.
Palouse Habitat Surplus Sale accepts donations of new and used building materials and home improvement items. All donated material must be either new or in good working condition. The Surplus Sale reserves the right to respectfully refuse any item offered for donation. Donations are accepted only during store hours; please do not leave items at the front or back door without Surplus Sale inspection and acceptance.
Business or whole house move-outs. We are grateful that you are thinking of supporting Palouse Habitat and we are happy to discuss with you a large donation and coordinate pick-up.
Because of our commitment to providing quality merchandise, all donations are subject to staff approval so we can ensure that every item we offer is sellable, clean, and in working order. If you have any questions about a potential donation, please contact the store directly at 208-882-5246.
All proceeds from the store build the next Habitat home!
UNACCEPTABLE DONATIONS - Updated December 2020
- Aluminum- Windows, Sliding Glass Doors or Vinyl Windows Missing Nail Flanges
- Appliances -10 years old or older
- Bedding – Mattresses, box springs, futons, hide-a-bed couches
- Books, CDs, Records and Magazines
*We do take home maintenance books*
- Bulbs - used, unpackaged fluorescent,
- Cabinets - damaged or unsellable
- Bifold Doors
- Broken items
- Carpet - used
- Chemical Items - cleaners, toothpaste, Clorox, Dusting Sprays, etc.
- Children’s - Car Seats, cribs
- Compost & Cultured Marble Sinks
- Computers, Printers, and Parts
- Dishwashers/Faucets made before 2014
- Entertainment Centers - older style
- Exercise/Sports Equipment
- Garbage Disposals
- Garage Doors, mechanical Openers
- Garden/Jacuzzi and used fiberglass tubs
- Glass/Glass Shelves/Mirrors - unframed
- Hazardous Materials
- Dishes, Utensils
- Luggage of any kind
- Open bags of Cement, Mortar, Drywall, Grout, etc.
- Paint or Stain – if it is mostly full, we will take it
- Shower Doors and Enclosures
- Sinks - cast iron
- Tile - previously installed
- Toilets - 3.5 gal
- Window Coverings - drapes, blinds, curtain rods
- Cordless power tools without batteries/chargers
Some donations may be declined due to safety concerns, facility limitations, excess stock, or marketability.
The Surplus Sale depends on VOLUNTEER POWER! Lend a hand – make a difference!
The Sale offers flexible about volunteer schedules; you may work as many or as few hours as you like, on a regular schedule or on an occasional basis. Volunteers should wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes and neat work clothes. We promise a positive and rewarding experience in an upbeat, positive, and friendly atmosphere. Each volunteer makes an important contribution to our efforts to eliminate poverty housing in Latah & Whitman Counties helping to meet Habitat for Humanity’s goal of assuring that all people have a simple, decent place to live.