The Palouse Habitat Surplus Sale is a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center at 304 North Main in Moscow, Idaho that sells new and gently used items to the public at a fraction of the retail price. All proceeds are used by Palouse Habitat for Humanity to build and repair homes for low-income families in Latah and Whitman counties. Anyone is welcome to volunteer, donate, and shop at the store.
To schedule a pick-up of your donation, call 208-882-5246 or click here to fill out our online form.
What Can You Shop For?
Shop the Surplus Sale for amazing DEALS on construction, home repair, plumbing, electrical, lumber, tools, antique tools, furniture, lamps and lighting, cabinets, antiques, and more! Donations come in almost daily so you never know what you will find.
Interested in a large appliance or piece of furniture that you can't take home on your own? Our donation truck is also a delivery truck! Simply mention you need your stuff delivered and we can drive it to you for a price. Please note that our crew cannot install appliances or provide any help beyond dropping off your items where requested. You may offer donations for pick-up while they're there, but keep in mind that the crew can deny them.
St. John: $45
Other locations: $1/mile as computed by Google Maps. (Some prices may differ from what is listed due to calculation variances.)
Deliveries (and pick-ups) are limited to Whitman and Latah Counties. Please contact/shop at Habitat Spokane, Habitat of North Idaho, or L-C Valley Habitat if you live outside of this area. We cannot transfer your delivery order to them.
All funds raised from the sale of your donations help build and repair homes for those in need on the Palouse.
UNACCEPTABLE DONATIONS - Updated September 2021
- Aluminum Windows, Sliding Glass Doors (too heavy), or Vinyl Windows Missing Nail Flanges
- Appliances if 10 years old or older
- Bedding – Mattresses, box springs, futons, hide-a-bed couches (anything meant to be slept on)
- Bifold Doors
- Books, CDs, DVDs, Records and Magazines
*We do take recent home maintenance media*
- Broken or nonfunctional items (even if repairable)
- Cabinets if damaged or unsellable
- Carpet if used
- Chemical Items - cleaners, toothpaste, Clorox, Dusting Sprays, etc.
- Children’s - Car Seats, cribs
- Computers, Printers, and Parts
- Cordless power tools without batteries/chargers
- Dishes, Utensils, Pots, Pans, etc.
- Dishwashers made before 2014
- Entertainment Centers - older style (for smaller TVs)
- Exercise/Sports Equipment
- Faucets if used
- Fluorescent light bulbs (tube/CFL)
- Garbage Disposals
- Garage Doors and mechanical openers
- Garden/Jacuzzi and used fiberglass tubs
- Glass/Glass Shelves/Mirrors if unframed
- Hazardous Materials
- Luggage of any kind
- Open bags of Cement, Mortar, Drywall, Grout, etc.
- Paint or Stain unless mostly full
- Pianos and other heavy instruments
- Shower Doors and Enclosures
- Sinks if composite, cultured marble, or cast iron (too heavy)
- Tile if previously installed
- Toilets - 3.5 GPF or used
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Window Coverings - drapes, blinds, curtain rods
Some donations may be declined due to safety concerns, facility limitations, excess stock, or marketability.
The Surplus Sale depends on VOLUNTEER POWER! Lend a hand – make a difference!
The Sale offers flexible volunteer schedules; you may work as many or as few hours as you like, on a regular schedule or on an occasional basis. We promise a positive and rewarding experience in an upbeat, positive, and friendly atmosphere. Each volunteer makes an important contribution to our efforts to eliminate poverty housing in Latah & Whitman Counties.