The Palouse Habitat Surplus Sale is a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center that sells new and gently used items to the public at a fraction of the retail price. All proceeds are used by Palouse Habitat for Humanity to build and repair homes for low-income families in Latah and Whitman counties. Anyone is welcome to volunteer, donate, and shop at the store. Schedule a pick-up of your donation by calling 208-882-5246, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or filling out this online form.
Check out our weekly features on Facebook.
Our box truck is available
Call to schedule for pick up and delivery
Friendly Volunteer Staff
ready to help
We receive donations daily, so you never know what you may find. Typically the Surplus Sale is well stocked with affordable options for lumber, plumbing, electrical, light fixtures, appliances, furniture, antiques and more.
Contact us to find out about specific items.
All funds raised locally help support our build with your donation.
Palouse Habitat for Humanity Surplus Sale accepts donations of new and used building materials and home improvement items. All donated material must be either new or in good working condition. The Surplus Sale reserves the right to respectfully refuse any item offered for donation. Donations are accepted only during store hours; please do not leave items at the front or back door without Surplus Sale inspection and acceptance.
Business or whole house move-outs. We are grateful that you are thinking of supporting Palouse Habitat and we are happy to discuss with you a large donation and coordinate pick-up.
Because of our commitment to providing quality merchandise, all donations to the Habitat store are subject to staff approval so we can ensure that every item we offer is sellable, clean, and in working order. If you have any questions about a potential donation, please contact the store directly at 208-882-5246.
All proceeds from the store build the next Habitat home!
UNACCEPTABLE DONATIONS - Updated August 2020
- Aluminum- Windows, Sliding Glass Doors or Vinyl Windows Missing Nail Flanges
- Appliances -10 years old or older
- Bedding – Mattresses, box springs, futons, hide-a-bed couches
- Books, CDs, Records and Magazines
*We do take home maintenance books*
- Bulbs - used, unpackaged fluorescent,
- Cabinets - damaged or unsellable
- Bifold Doors
- Broken items
- Carpet - used
- Chemical Items - cleaners, toothpaste, Clorox, Dusting Sprays, etc.
- Children’s - Car Seats, cribs
- Compost & Cultured Marble Sinks
- Computers Printers, and Parts
- Dishwashers/Faucets made before 2014
- Entertainment Centers - older style
- Exercise/Sports Equipment
- Garbage Disposals
- Garage Doors…mechanical Openers
- Garden/Jacuzzi and used fiberglass tubs
- Glass/Glass Shelves/Mirrors - unframed
- Hazardous Materials
- Luggage of any kind
- Open bags of Cement, Mortar, Drywall, Grout, etc.
- Paint or Stain – if it is mostly full, we will take it
- Shower Doors and Enclosures
- Sinks - cast iron
- Tile - previously installed
- Toilets - 3.5 gal
- Window Coverings - drapes, blinds, curtain rods
Some donations may be declined due to safety concerns, facility limitations or marketability.
The Surplus Sale depends on VOLUNTEER POWER! Lend a hand – make a difference!
The Sale offers flexible about volunteer schedules; you may work as many or as few hours as you like, on a regular schedule or on an occasional basis. Volunteers should wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes and neat work clothes. We promise a positive and rewarding experience in an upbeat, positive, and friendly atmosphere. Each volunteer makes an important contribution to our efforts to eliminate poverty housing in Latah & Whitman Counties helping to meet Habitat for Humanity’s goal of assuring that all people have a simple, decent place to live.