Palouse Habitat Update for 8.3.22, with picture of our Saturday volunteers moving rockwool insulation to be installed in the Martinez Home crawlspace:
Construction/Home Repair Schedule:
Good morning. There are 3 scheduled work days this week.
Wed 3 Aug Meet at the south warehouse at 0800. We will install a wooden ramp in Pullman. Lunch on our own.
Thurs 4 Aug Work starts at 0800 at the Martinez build site. Here is a list of specific tasks for this week:
– Finish Taping the Seams in the Visqueen
– Install joist hangers
– Install the rockwool insulation on the crawlspace walls
– Install I-joists
– Install subfloor
Lunch will be provided (Thanks to Jennifer Trout).
Sat 6 Aug Work starts at 0800 at the Martinez build site; continue this week’s tasks. Lunch on our own.
1. The high temperatures are moderating, but it’s still summer – so remember to dress appropriately, drink lots of water and rest whenever necessary.
2. At least one volunteer enveloped a rash after handling rockwool insulation last Saturday. All volunteers are advised to wear long shirts, long trousers, and gloves when handling rockwool. Dust masks are also available.
3. Watch for updates, as things can change!
Palouse Habitat Surplus Sale is open (with new hours!) Tuesday – Saturday, 10 AM – 6 PM at 304 North Main St. in Moscow, Idaho. The price tag discount colors have rotated, so come by and score some deals on our older items!